This is similar to dhal makhani, but sans the tomatoes and some spices. Just so easy to make.
Black gram ( whole) -1 cup
Rajma / kidney beans ( optional)-1/2 cup
Garlic-7 flakes, cut into thin round pieces
Ginger-1 tea spoon
Chilli powder-1 1/2 tea spoon
Ghee-1 table spoon ( optional)
Fresh cream- 1/4 cup
Green chillies-3 cut
Cumin seeds-1 tea spoon
1.Fry the garlic and ginger in ghee.Put the dhal in it.
2.Add water, chilli powder and salt and cook in a pressure cooker for 15-20 minutes after 3 whistles.
3.Remove the cooker lid and cook in a low flame for 20 more minutes.
4.Add cream and slightly cook for 2 more minutes.
5.Season with cumin seeds and green chillies fried in ghee and serve with lime.
Sushma of “Authentic food delights” has passed on an award and a tag for me.Thanks dear.
This award goes with a fun meme which has to be passed on to 6 of your favourite blogs and which has to be answered with only one word.Here is the meme part:
1. Where is your cell phone: coffee table
2. Your hair: Black
3. Your mother: “P”
4. Your father: “H”
5. Your favorite food: North Indian
6. Your dream last night: nothing
7. Your favorite drink: Paneer soda
8. Your dream/goal: restaurant owner
9. What room are you in: living room
10. Your hobby: blog hopping
11. Your fear: ghosts
12. Where do you want to be in 6 years: anywhere
13. Where were you last night: at birthday party
14. Something you aren’t: egoistic
15. Muffins: banana nut
16. Wish list item: too many
17. Where did you grow up: Chennai & Trivandrum
18. Last thing you did: soak rice for making appam
19. What are you wearing: night pant, t shirt
20. Your TV: Off
21. Your pets: No
22. Your friends: quite a few
23. Your life: blessed
24. Your mood: normal
25. Missing someone: family
26. Vehicle: car
27. Something you’re not wearing: bangles
28. Your favorite store: oil & vineager
29. Your favorite color: Black and Blue
30. When was the last time you laughed: dont remember
31. Last time you cried: lets skip this one
32. Your best friend: “P”
33. One place that I go over and over: the grocery store
34. One person who emails me regularly: appa
35. Favorite place to eat: too many
I tag Jyoti, Somoo, Prathibha, Mye,Preethi,Lubna
Tag 6 people as you take this up
Read Full Post »